Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is It Really November?



I can not believe how fast the year is passing! October passed in a big orange blur! I apologize for not posting!

In an effort to get caught up and keep granddaughter, Gabby, happy (or quiet) I am going to make Tuesday the day I post here. At some point, I will try and turn my schedule upside down and wrong side out and post here sometime between Friday and Monday. That would indicate we know what we are doing, before we do it, instead of after the fact. Not that I want to mislead anyone!

We have found two very cool sites that are really spicing up things around here! And when the boys are working on the computer, it gives me a few minutes to do something around the house that needs to be done, or get caught on the phone. Still, there are some very good math and spelling exercises on these sites.

http://www.coolmath.com/

http://www.spellingcity.com/


Also, we have been given a huge sack of pine cones. Never mind the fact we have a number of pine trees and I’ve been too lazy to have the boys pickup the ones that are on the ground. It made a friend very happy to donate these to our little school. Someone had given them to her and she never got around to using them.

For our Thanksgiving project, we are going to coat pine cones with peanut butter, then sprinkle with bird seed. We will then hang them with yarn (hopefully high enough the goats won’t get them). I know, everyone has probably done this at some time or another. Still, the birds appreciate the effort and it will be a nice activity.

With Christmas just around the corner, we will also be decorating with pine cones. We will use some to make miniature Christmas trees, make a few door decorations for gifts, and some we will spray with gold glitter and add to other things from nature’s bounty.

Liz, thanks for the pine cones! We will use them in several art projects between now and the end of the year!

BTW ~ I will be teaching at the college (ECU) Saturday, November 21. We will be preparing turkey with all the trimmings! The class is called, “Talking Turkey.” Come by and see us!

Enjoy the season!
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the new homeschooling sites! I love finding new sites for Elayna to learn from. :)

    ReplyDelete