Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Little Red Schoolhouse


This little red schoolhouse actually belongs to a friend of mine and it is no longer used for a schoolhouse. If I told you what she used it for, you probably wouldn't believe me! You can try and guess! Just post your answers in the comment section. What I love about it, is how peaceful it looks. Oh! And if you guess the correct answer you will win an age appropriate prize!

Today is September 10, 2009! This is the first time I have posted about school in two weeks. I'm not sure where the time goes, but it seems we are busy all the time.

The older boys are working on their cursive writing, math, geography, reading, and computer science. Jailen is studying typical first grade work and he loves it. Together, they are about half way through the set of Liberty's Kids dvds and are memorizing the 91 st Psalm. We started with verse one this week.

Gabby, Joey and Michaela spent nearly three weeks with us! During that time, we planned many craft projects for Christmas gift giving, but we did not get much done in the way actually making those items. Gabby will be coming back (hopefully) in mid October. While she was here Gabby was a great help in the kitchen and we started a cookbook for her and her cousin, Chasey.

Joey and Michaela, now 5 y/o and 4 y/o, both mastered the art of bike riding! Way to go, guys!

We also acquired a pen pal. A young lady in California. This is her first year to be home schooled! Hi, Ashlyn! We hope to learn many interesting things about the area where Ashlyn lives.

Hope to visit with you next week!

Until then,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Well, I told you I was going to be hanging around your blogs this morning! If you're still doing a newsletter, please add me to your mailing list. My address is shabbytiara@gmail.com. If not, I understand...life is sooooo busy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy is right, Suzanne! LOL

    We have so many good intentions! I am going to try and get the newsletter going after the first of the year. I think we tried to do too many things all at once! LOL

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete